Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Paper Smooches Sparks Challenge

This month's Sparks Challenge over at Paper Smooches runs from March 8th to 21st.  The photo we are to use for inspiration is this...

I made two cards inspired by some aspect of this lovely felt flower wreath.

With the first card, I took inspiration from the colors, the felt, the and the flowers.  I used a Kraft cardstock base like in the inspiration image. The large white circle is felt that I cut out using my Spellbinders Nestabilities.  I did a very soft pink coloring on the kitty to stick with the pale feel of the inspiration image and added a few embellies to tie it all together. The sentiment is from the Word Salad set, and the Kitty is from the Party Posse set.

I added a few tiny bits of bling to the little kitty's collar to glam her up a bit. I thought it looked pretty cute.
Supplies used: Stamps: Paper Smooches; Cardstock: Bazzill, Xpress-It white;  Markers: Copics RV0000, RV21, B000, B02; Stamping Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Distress Ink: Ranger/Tim Holtz; Roses: Prima; Yellow fabric flower: Dollarama; Felt: Dollar Store; Die Cuts: Spellbinders Nestabilities; Rhinestones: Kaisercraft; Ribbon: Renaissance by Design; misc: buttons, embroidery floss

My next card took me out of my comfort zone a bit. I don't normally make such a plain card, but I always like it when others do it so I thought I would give it a try.

 Supplies used: Stamps: Paper Smooches; Cardstock: Bazzill; Ink: Stampin' Up, Memento; Twine: Devine Twine, Corner rounder punch: EK Success; misc: buttons.
This card is made with the My Guy set.  I saw this fun way to attach buttons on a card I pinned on Pinterest and this is the first chance I've had to try it out. I really like it and I'm sure you'll see me using this one again!

I am really missing my camera and I hope it comes home to me all fixed and ready to "snap" really soon, cause I'm just NOT lovin these pictures my old point and shoot takes!

Thanks for looking!
~Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment