Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Stuck on U Sketches: sketch #3

Well here we are, on to our 3rd card sketch challenge at Stuck on U Sketches! Today's adorable sketch was created by the lovely and talented Leah Schaeffer. I just love this sketch! I knew exactly what I was going to do with it as soon as I saw it.
  I have had this little elephant punch from Martha Stewart for a long time and I've never used it. When I saw this sketch I knew it was the perfect size. I've made quite a few baby girl cards recently so I decided to make this one for a baby boy.

I added some lace details and a button with a double bow.

 The little word stickers are from Authentique.

 I used my sewing machine to stitch down the stick pin. The 'adorable' sticker is from My Minds Eye.

The papers for the elephants are all from 6x6 paper pads from Authentique. I just love the small pattern sizes in 6x6 pads, they work perfectly for punching out small shapes like this little elephant.

I hope you will play along with our sketch! Link up your creation at SOUS for a chance to be in our Top 3!

Thanks for stopping by today,
I love to read your kind comments
~Becky

8 comments:

  1. I really like what you did with the elephants - even having them move in different directions. The card is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet is this little card? LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have admired that punch, too. I love the way your card turned out--so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I adore this one! Great idea! Love how yo've stitched that stick pin .. I am lifting that idea one of these days! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Becky, your card is so cute.....love the elephants, what a great idea! The stitched pin looks cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card Becky, loving the wee punched elephants - too cute. A gorgeous baby boy card... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love your card & the colors you used. Thanks for sharing.

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete